How to Add Resume to Linkedin
If you are struggling with adding a resume to your Linkedin profile, this guide will serve as your go-to guide. With pictures and steps explained, you’ll do it in a matter of seconds.
So, you’ve completed your higher studies or want to make an industry switch, but you cannot hit the right target. Why’s that so? Because you’re probably missing something.
When it’s about broader job opportunities, all of us know what Linkedin is about, right? But, not everybody knows how to use it properly.
If you need an easy guide to upload your resume on Linkedin, this blog post is specially for you. But let’s start with the basics first.
As per the Linkedin website, it is a global forum for job seekers and employers. The platform connects professionals by offering job opportunities to individuals based on their profiles and resume.
You can use the biggest employment website on your mobile phone, web browser, laptop, or even through Linkedin’s mobile app.
But, to use the platform, you need a complete profile and resume so the employer can get an idea about your strengths and weaknesses.
A Tip: Before you reach out to employers, make sure you edit your resume a bit (facts only) to make it more relevant.
Choice to Add Resume
You can actually upload your resume in 3 ways based on Linkedin’s new setting.
- Via easy Apply (direct on job posts)
- Via Job seeker settings
- Via featured Media
In this step-by-step guide, you’ll get all you need to know about each of these categories.
Step by Step Guide for Adding Your Resume to Linkedin
Uploading your resume on Linkedin is no rocket science, especially for a genius like you. It’s just about quick and easy steps which you can practice side by side with this post.
Getting to the point: To upload your resume on Linkedin, you first have to access the website (which is obvious). Once you’ve logged in, you have to scan your profile page at least once.
Most of the Linkedin profiles have their resume after the self-description/summary section. It is effective because once a visitor reads about you, they are more likely to see your resume.
Tip: Linkedin values individuals with not just a good resume but also a settled profile. So you must describe yourself precisely and pleasantly as it’s the first interaction.
Guide to Easy Apply Resume Add
The easy apply feature is very user-friendly and job-centered. It’s like you see a potential job, not letting a second go to waste, you apply for it.
Here, you can make changes to hit the target and then upload your resume, or you can do it without any modification as well.
You have more chances to get the job if you are specific. Let us get into the steps.
- Go to your feed and click ‘jobs’ tab
- Once you’ve got what you want, you’ll see two options. “Easy Apply” option and a saving icon on the right.
- Click on Easy Apply.
- A computer window will show on your screen, follow the prompts and provide the required details, including contact information and address. After providing the details, click next, and you’ll see “Upload Resume.”
- You can easily upload your resume by clicking “Submit application”
Steps to Add Resume Via Job Seeker Settings
If applying directly to the jobs isn’t your thing, then you can have your resume added in this way. A benefit is that you get more time to understand your resume and the job’s needs. Besides, you’ll have a category saved in your profile, so it’s easily viewable too.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Go to the “Privacy and Settings” option. Linkedin will direct you to the privacy tab.
- Click “Job seeking preference” on the left menu.
- You’ll have the “job application settings” drop-down. Click “Change.”
- A small window will show up on your screen. You’ll see the resume that you have uploaded earlier. There you can upload a newer version with specified settings.
- Click “Upload Resume.”
- Choose the file from the computer and upload it.
The Job Seeking Settings will help you when you are applying to different roles or industries (having relevant profiles) with specific resume uploads.
Adding Your Resume Via Featured Media
Featured media is an easily accessible option which you’ll see among the features of your profile page.
Note that if you don’t have a resume yet, you can download an awesome one here.
Adding a resume through featured media style isn’t recommended if you have a simple, basic resume page. But, if you have used good language and graphics, then you should go for it as it will be featured on your profile, and your potential employers will see it.
Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the view profile. Linkedin will direct you to your page.
- You’ll see a drop-down menu as “Add Profile Section” opposite your name. Click it.
- Select “Featured” from the drop-down.
- Scroll down to the “Media” option and click the “+.”
- Your computer menu will pop up to let you select your media.
- Once you select and open it, the Media tab will ask you to name the file. You can either choose your field or name (recommended) or save it with just “Resume.”
- Your resume will be featured on your profile.
The steps are broken down to make the process as simple as possible for you to understand and follow, so the lists range from 6-8 steps. The process isn’t lengthy, so don’t already feel tired about it. It is guaranteed that you’ll enjoy doing it.
It’s the age of digitization, and not trying all the possible options may lead you to the back row. If you don’t put yourself out there like you need to, you won’t get what you are looking for.
Coming to the end of the blog post, How did you find the guide? Comment below if you have learned something new.