The Perfect Job
Getting a job, the perfect job, can sometimes be hard. Especially if you want to do what you like most and if you want to be paid a certain amount of money. Luckily, there are tips and tricks you can use to land you dream job. It does not matter if you want to work online, be a freelancer, get an office job, or create art, you can always be one step ahead in front of the others. The way you present yourself for the job and how you scout for jobs are two of the most important steps in process. Therefore, we have for you numerous tips and tricks, including printable resume templates and examples of places where you can encounter your dream job:
Find out what are you best at
Before creating a simple resume template or scouting for jobs, you need to find out what are you best at. To succeed in your professional life and to create a career path to follow you must know very clear your qualities and your faults. If you’re still working on finding out what suits you best in your career, we’ve got some ideas to ease your work:
- Transforming passions into jobs. Sometimes doing what you like, means literally making money from your hobbies and passions. For example, if you love writing, then you could start a blog and write articles for clients, depending on the themes and subjects you like. If you are an avid gamer, then you could start a YouTube channel or a vlog centering on your passion. There are numerous ways to transform a passion into an income source. If you want to do this, start with writing your hobbies on a piece of paper and for each one of them add some possibilities that could transform it into a job.
- Take advice from those close to you. We all get confused sometimes, either in our love life, friendship problems or in our career. In all those cases it is ok to take some advice from those who love us and see us objectively. If you don’t know what kind of jobs would fit you, don’t be afraid to ask a teacher, a friend, a relative, or even your significant other. Of course, you don’t necessarily have to follow their advice, but you can extract what you think is really accurate from their opinions.
- An imagination exercise. When you don’t know how to find the answer to something that is really important to you, try an imagination exercise. Let’s say you haven’t figured out what career decisions you should make. Imagine yourself five or ten years from now: What will your home look like? Are you married? Where are you living? What job do you see the future you is having? Just calmly think about how you project your life in the future and maybe this will help you find out more about yourself.
Scout for jobs in the right places
If you want to find your dream job and you kind of have an idea about what this job would look like, then it’s important to search for it in the right places. Here are some tips and tricks on how to do it and where to look:
- Job sites. Websites dedicated to jobs can be such a cliché sometimes. Even though many people are using them hoping to score jobs, so competition can be a little bit tough, job sites can really help you score a good job. The best domains where websites can be helpful are corporate jobs, sales and retail jobs, and marketing related positions.
- Freelance platforms. Freelance platforms are the best place to try if you want to work in a creative field. You can find jobs related to writing, photo editing, web design, foreign languages, or public relations. Joining freelancing websites, it’s quite easy, all you have to do is create a profile, add a picture, your portfolio, and your resume. Our advice is to use a clean resume template so that every potential client can easily read and understand a little bit about you and your work.
- Networking can be really helpful in getting you the job you have always dreamt about. Meeting people that can offer you amazing opportunities is a great way to start out, especially when your career path is going towards business, entrepreneurship, or IT. You can find about networking events on social media, like Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok.
Work on your resume
Your resume will be very important when you are scouting for a job and that’s why we advise you to dedicate one or two days to create a good resume. If you want to ease your work, you can use a CV template. You can find many Word Resume examples online and you can choose the one that would suit best your fields of interest. You can choose from simple resume templates, creative resume templates, or professional templates. After downloading a template all you have to do is add your work experience, your education, your skills, the foreign languages you speak, and a small letter of intent for the job you’re applying for. Another great plus for using a template is having the possibility to download it in numerous formats, like Word, Photoshop, or Adobe.
Finding a job that suits you and that does not feel like a burden everyday can be a little bot tough. Don’t get discouraged if it takes a little while to get there and remember to follow all the important steps when you are job scouting. Work on your resume, scout for jobs in the right places, be friendly, act professional, and don’t give up immediately if you fail a few times. Great job opportunities can come every day, maybe when meeting a new colleague at university or when scrolling on Facebook. Pay attention to what is going on around you and this way you won’t miss trying any opportunity.